Swiffer WetJet is a battery-powered mopping system used to clean stains off floors. But can Swiffer WetJet be used on vinyl floors?
You can use the Swiffer WetJet cleaner on vinyl flooring. This is because the WetJet cleaners are not abrasive and use a soft microfiber mop to wipe the floor. So, this product doesn’t scratch or gouge your floor.
Also, the cleaning solution from the spray doesn’t etch or discolor the floor. However, you shouldn’t use the same mop repeatedly on the floor because leftover debris and dust nibs on the mop can stretch the floor.
Things To Know:
Swiffer WetJet is safe for luxury vinyl flooring because the cleaner has no abrasives or chemicals that can damage the floor. Also, the cleaner isn’t aggressive in its operation, so the chances of damaging a vinyl floor while using it are low. Also, luxury vinyl flooring (LVP) is durable and can’t be damaged easily.
Swiffer WetJet doesn’t have abrasive pads; instead, the cleaner uses a soft microfiber cloth to wipe the floor. Also, the cleaning solution on the clear doesn’t corrode, discolor, or damage the luxury vinyl.
The WetJet also doesn’t weigh enough to damage the flooring; the cleaner weighs less than 10 pounds. So, you can use Swiffer WetJet on LVP (tiles) or LVP (planks).
However, you shouldn’t use Swiffer steam cleaner on vinyl floors because the steam from the cleaner can cause swelling and remove the glue underneath the floor.
Things you need to know before using a Swiffer Cleaner:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove excess cleaning solution from the floors.
- Never use the Swiffer steam mop on a vinyl floor.
- Do not use the same mop or pad multiple times.
- Do not use any other cleaning solution with the WetJet cleaner.
- Limit the use of a Swiffer cleaning solution where there are acclimation gaps in the floor, so the liquid doesn’t get underneath the floor.
Pros/Cons of Using Swiffer WetJet
- It will properly clean your floor.
- It’s easier to clean large vinyl floors.
- Tough and old stains can be removed easily using the cleaning solution.
- Swiffer WetJet has a lightweight and user-friendly design.
- It can reach difficult and tight spaces.
- If you use it frequently, it can wear the vinyl floors.
- You need to replace the cleaners and mops frequently.
- It’s difficult to refill the cleaning solution once it has finished.
Which Swiffer is Best For Vinyl Planks?
Different types of Swiffer cleaning products range from dusters and mops to all-in-one cleaners. The best type of Swiffer cleaner will depend on the type of cleaning you want to achieve.
For Dusting and Sweeping
The best type of Swiffer for dusting and sweeping a vinyl floor is the Swiffer Sweeper Floor Mop. The sweeper cloth is designed with deep grooves and slits that allow the sweeper to fit into and clean out crevices and tight spaces on your floor. The sweeper floor mop is also non-abrasive and safe on all vinyl flooring types.
The pads of this cleaner are designed to pull dust from the floor. However, you can’t reuse the pads.
For Cleaning and Removing Stains and Grease
To clean stains and grease from your vinyl floor, use Swiffer WetJet Mop. This cleaner is designed with a dual-spray nozzle system that sprays a preconditioned cleaning solution to remove tough stains on the floor.
The cleaning solution helps to dissolve stains, and you can spray the solution by using a trigger button on the Swiffer. When the stains are dissolved, you can use the mop to wipe them off.
You can also use the wet pads or scrubbing strip to scrub old stains off the floor. But, you should only use the scrubbing strip once to prevent damage to the floor.
For Trapping and Remove Debris
The best Swiffer for trapping and removing debris from vinyl flooring is the Swiffer Sweep + Vac cleaning system. This Swiffer has a powerful cordless vacuum that can suck debris, filth, and dust nibs out of crevices and tight corners on your floor.
However, the Swiffer sweep + vac cleaning system is heavier and more aggressive than other Swiffers, so you shouldn’t use it frequently on a vinyl floor. Once a month is okay.
How To Use Swiffer WetJet To Clean Vinyl Floors?
- Sweep or vacuum the vinyl flooring to remove accumulated dust and debris. This will make the Swiffer WetJet more effective.
- Pick out and attach the attachment based on the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Press the spray trigger to release the cleaning solution.
- Move the Swiffer WetJet across the vinyl floor once while pressing the spray trigger to release the cleaning solution
- Leave the vinyl flooring to dry.
You can clean the vinyl floor using a Swiffer WetJet cleaning system. The WetJet cleaner is safe to use on a vinyl floor because it has no abrasives or chemicals that can damage it. However, you should still take proper precautions while using it to prevent scratches on the floor.
After cleaning the vinyl floor, remove the cleaning residue from the floors to prevent a sticky layer.
Tony is a professional painter and an author of DIY Geeks. Tony has completed over 1,000 painting projects for his clients. It's safe to say he knows what he Is talking about,