Swiffer WetJet is a battery-powered mopping system used to clean stains off of floors. But can Swiffer WetJet be used on vinyl floors?
You can use the Swiffer WetJet cleaner on vinyl flooring. This is because the WetJet cleaners are not abrasive. The cleaner uses a soft microfiber mop to wipe the floor so you don’t have to worry about scratches or gouges on your vinyl flooring.
Also, the cleaning solution from the spray doesn’t contain chemicals that can etch or discolor the vinyl flooring. This makes the Swiffer WetJet safe and ideal for vinyl flooring.
However, you don’t want to use the same mop repeatedly on a vinyl floor because leftover debris and dust nibs on the mop can scratch the vinyl floor.
This post reveals more about using the Swiffer WetJet on vinyl floors including a guide on the best WetJet to go for. Let’s dive in.
Is Swiffer WetJet Safe For Luxury Vinyl Flooring?
Swiffer WetJet is safe for luxury vinyl flooring because the WetJet cleaner doesn’t have any abrasives or chemicals that can damage the vinyl floor.
The WetJet cleaner is also not aggressive in its operation so the chances of damage to a vinyl flooring are limited. You should also remember that luxury vinyl flooring can’t be damaged easily. So, the Swiffer WetJet is safe for your vinyl floor.
Some homeowners dread using the Swiffer WetJet on their luxury vinyl floor because they believe that the cleaner will damage the luxury vinyl. The WetJet cleaner poses no threat to your luxury vinyl flooring for different reasons. For starters. WetJets don’t use abrasive pads to wipe the floor. The cleaner uses a microfiber soft cloth to wipe the floor so scratches can’t occur on delicate materials.
Also, the cleaning solution used by the WetJet on your floor can’t corrode or damage the luxury vinyl. To make you more assured, luxury vinyl flooring is very tough and can’t be damaged easily.
The WetJet also doesn’t weigh enough to damage the vinyl flooring as WetJets usually weigh less than 10 pounds. So, the Swiffer WetJet is very safe to use on a luxury vinyl floor either the LVT (tiles) or LVP (planks). But, you shouldn’t use it too frequently on the vinyl floor to prevent fading.
However, it’s not ideal to use the Swiffer steam cleaner on vinyl floors because the hot water or steam from the Swiffer can cause swelling and damage to the vinyl flooring.
Which Swiffer is Best For Vinyl Plank Floors?
There are different types of Swiffer cleaning products ranging from dusters and mops to all-in-one cleaners. The best type of Swiffer cleaner will depend on the type of cleaning you want to achieve. Here are the best types of Swiffer cleaners per type of vinyl floor cleaning:
For Dusting and Sweeping Vinyl Flooring
The best type of Swiffer for dusting and sweeping a vinyl floor is the Swiffer Sweeper Floor Mop. This product from Swiffer is one of the best sweepers and wipers in the cleaning industry.
The sweeper cloth is designed with deep grooves and slits that allow the sweeper to fit into and clean out crevices and tight spaces on your floor. The sweeper floor mop is also non-abrasive and safe to use on all types of vinyl flooring.
The Swiffer sweeper cleaning starter kit is another worthy mention for sweeping and dusting vinyl floors. The pads of this Swiffer cleaner are designed to pull dust from the vinyl floor. However, you can’t reuse the pads which is a downside to this Swiffer.
For Cleaning and Removing Stains and Grease
For cleaning stains and removing grease from your vinyl floor, the Swiffer WetJet Mop is the best Swiffer to use. This Swiffer is designed with a dual-spray nozzle system that sprays the preconditioned cleaning solution on tough stains on the floor.
The cleaning solution helps to dissolve stains and you can spray the solution by using a trigger button on the Swiffer. When the stains have been dissolved, the mop can be used to wipe them off.
You can even use Swiffer wet pads or a Swiffer scrubbing strip to scrub old stains off of the vinyl floor but you should only use the scrubbing strip once to prevent damage to the vinyl floor.
For Trapping and Remove Debris
The best Swiffer for trapping and removing debris from vinyl flooring is the Swiffer Sweep + Vac cleaning system.
This Swiffer has a powerful cordless vacuum that can suck debris, filth, and dust nibs out of crevices and tight corners in your vinyl floor. The Swiffer can also trap debris and grit in its dust port so they don’t fall back on the floor.
You should know that the Swiffer sweep + vac cleaning system is heavier and more aggressive than other Swiffers so you shouldn’t use this Swiffer frequently on a vinyl floor. Once a month is okay.
Next, let’s check out the pros and cons of using a Swiffer to clean vinyl flooring.
Should You Use Swiffer WetJet To Clean Vinyl Flooring? (Pros/Cons)
Here are the perks you’ll enjoy from using the Swiffer WetJet on your vinyl flooring:
- The Swiffer WetJet will ensure the vinyl flooring is clean
- Swiffer WetJet makes it easier to clean large vinyl floors easily and quickly
- Tough and old stains can be removed easily using the cleaning solution
- Swiffer WetJet has a lightweight and user-friendly design
- The cleaning solution adds a nice fragrance to the room
- The WetJet cleaner can reach difficult and tight spaces
Here are some disadvantages to consider before using the Swiffer Wetjet to clean your vinyl floor:
- Using the Swiffer WetJet frequently on the vinyl flooring will wear the floor eventually
- You’ll need to replace the cleaners and mops frequently which can spike the overall cost
- It’s difficult to refill the cleaning solution once it has finished.
Next, let’s check out how to use the Swiffer WetJet to Clean a Vinyl flooring.
How To Use Swiffer WetJet To Clean Vinyl Flooring Easily
Here is a guide to cleaning vinyl flooring using the Swiffer WetJet:
- Sweep or vacuum the vinyl flooring to get rid of accumulated dust and debris. This will make the Swiffer WetJet more effective
- Pick out and attach the best Swiffer WetJet attachment to use based on the manufacturer’s instructions
- Press the spray trigger to release the cleaning solution
- Move the Swiffer WetJet across the vinyl floor once while pressing the spray trigger to release the cleaning solution
- Leave the vinyl flooring to dry.
Important Precautions When Using The Swiffer WetJet On a Vinyl Floor
Whenever you are using a Swiffer product either the WetJet cleaner or any other Swiffer cleaner, ensure to take note of the following precautions:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Ensure to wipe off excess cleaning solution on your vinyl flooring
- Never use the Swiffer steam mop on a vinyl floor
- Do not use the same mop or pad multiple times on a vinyl flooring
- Do not be aggressive
- Do not use any other cleaning solution with the WetJet cleaner
- Limit the use of a Swiffer cleaning solution where there are acclimation gaps in the floor so the liquid doesn’t get underneath the vinyl flooring.
In summary, you can clean a vinyl floor using the Swiffer WetJet cleaning system. The WetJet cleaner is safe and ideal to use on a vinyl floor because it has no abrasives or chemicals that can damage a vinyl floor.
However, you should still take proper precautions while using the Swiffer WetJet on your vinyl flooring to prevent accidents and scratches on the vinyl material.
Finally, ensure to mop off any cleaning solution that is left on the vinyl flooring so it doesn’t get underneath the vinyl floor.